View Single Post
Old
12-19-2008, 10:16 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
What exactly has Bouwmeester done to make him a primadonna? And who is saying anything about giving up what was given up for Lindros?
Bouwmeester has done nothing the past couple of years but whine about Florida. There's plenty of talent there, so I can't say for certain why they aren't making the playoffs. But for a defenseman who wants to be paid in the higher tier, he's done nothing to reward that kind of salary. Has Florida made it to the playoffs since Bouwmeester has been there? Has he lead defensemen in scoring? How about +/-? How about he just shuts up and leads his team to the playoffs for once. That's what's prima donna about him. He whines and complains about things in Florida, but what has he exactly done to help things down there?

Honestly, the bounty it's going to take to acquire Bouwmeester just isn't worth it. Everyone seems to think he's going to come rather cheap, but he's a 25 year old defenseman who's going to be coming into his prime. If Florida is out of it by the trade deadline, you know Martin is going to demand a ridiculous package and he's going to get it. You're looking at a least one or two young roster players, a top prospect and multiple draft picks. And you know that someone will make that kind of deal. I'd rather we keep our own guys and develop accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Erm, ideally we sign him long-term after trading for him.
And who's to say that even after making a move like that, we have sufficient cap space to sign him? You and I and pretty much everyone knows he's going to look for a big deal and he's going to want more money than what Richards, Carter or Gagne make. He'll probably want more money than Timonen. No thanks.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote