Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers farm still disrespected
View Single Post
Old
12-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Yes... I actually really wanted to draft an offensive defenseman this time and was VERY happy with DZ.

There's no certainty with offensive defensemen, so I preferred to double-up on Sang. I just wanted to make sure that we got at least one good offensive defenseman. It's much easier to get a good forward than a good offensive defenseman.

But now that we got him (and lost Cherry), I think it's pretty clear that we should be going for an offensive winger.
definitely need to draft a forward this year. Best player available and all is a good idea, but it doesn't do you any good if you have no forwards at all and are drafting defensemen. This draft year is supposed to be deep for forwards, so hopefully they can get a good one that won't take 4 years to develop either.

I agree that the Rangers forward prospect pool is nothing too interested right now, but there are a few guys with an outside shot at becoming good, so I keep an eye on them. Who knows? Maybe Grachev is one of those later round picks that surprises people and turns out to be a legit 1st/2nd liner. It'd be great if that somehow happened and we had some crazy Russian power forward for the future. I know the odds are against it, but it'd be pretty fun. And since I don't have Cherepanov to watch anymore, and it'll be a long while until the next draft, I might as well hope that Grachev will be good

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote