View Single Post
Old
12-20-2008, 10:10 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
definitely need to draft a forward this year. Best player available and all is a good idea, but it doesn't do you any good if you have no forwards at all and are drafting defensemen. This draft year is supposed to be deep for forwards, so hopefully they can get a good one that won't take 4 years to develop either.

I agree that the Rangers forward prospect pool is nothing too interested right now, but there are a few guys with an outside shot at becoming good, so I keep an eye on them. Who knows? Maybe Grachev is one of those later round picks that surprises people and turns out to be a legit 1st/2nd liner. It'd be great if that somehow happened and we had some crazy Russian power forward for the future. I know the odds are against it, but it'd be pretty fun. And since I don't have Cherepanov to watch anymore, and it'll be a long while until the next draft, I might as well hope that Grachev will be good
Agreed - the solution is to trade into spots where the forward is the best player available next year.

Given how good the draft class of 08 appears to be, I don't think we need depth. And since it's clear we could use some bolstering at top 6 winger and the 09 draft appears to be very deep at forward, the team's approach to next year's draft (in my humble opinion) should be to wind up with no more than 4 high quality, targeted picks - trading all our other picks, future considerations and perhaps even one or two prospects/players to get those specific, targeted players (3 of which should be forwards).

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote