View Single Post
Old
12-21-2008, 05:06 PM
oli500

vCash: 500
I am more than happy with what higgins has given us. In my opinion he has done more than expected. Dont forget this is a guy that comes from The University ranks and its not like he was drafted in the top 10. The problem in Montreal is that when the player has him self a good season it will raise his expectation and if his production goes down the following year he immediately becomes trade bait.

Higgins will all ways have his values u round the league because he can play in pretty much any situation so unless he is involve in a package deal that could get us a gaborik or Lecavalier I would not move him just because hes got a lower production in points.

It all ways makes laugh how are prospects here in HF get so much praise. Dagostini is a prime example. So much praise because he got 5 goals in 5 games but then next year if he wont match this year production he will become another higgins.

The habs have done a good job to built a team with in with quality players(a.k-s-K-Higgins-latendresse-lapierre) just to name a few. and the more it continues the more success this team will have. If we start trading them all for a few "star" players it wont be to long until we become another one of those one line teams and slide in the standings.

I honestly don't see the point of getting into a war comparing who better in are group of youngster.

Last edited by oli500: 12-21-2008 at 05:13 PM.
oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote