View Single Post
Old
07-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Hockeyfan02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU
Lemme see....We got a very good stay-at-home D-guy, from the Cup champions (who were unwilling to pay him), who will upgrade our D right now. Yah, that's stupid.
The Lightning were willing to pay him, but 4 years was the sticking point. The Lightning were offering 3 years. He took the security of a 4 year deal and I have no problem with him doing whats best for him, but the Lightning were willing to pay him the same salary. No Cullimore was not our best defenseman. He is a solid stay at home defenseman but Pavel Kubina has come into his own as a shut down guy. Last year after game 2 of the Caps series he frustrated Jagr including a monster hit after a goal. Kubina was up against Iginla during games 6 and 7 of the finals. Iginla got I think 1 or 2 shots in those games. Jassen Cullimore is a tough loss, but please dont make it sound like the Lightning werent willing to pay him or that he was our best defenseman (especially when the Lightning were able to win 8 playoff games in a row and knock out the Isles and Habs without him). He has been injury prone the last few years so a 4 year deal may be too long for him given his injury troubles. I wish him the best.