View Single Post
Old
12-21-2008, 09:39 PM
cneely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I don't think this is entirely a natural progression -- breakouts, sure, but I expect them to scale back a bit. The leap for all three of them from last year is excessive. One of them will probably keep it up (my money is on Kessel), but I'd say two of them will slow down eventually.
Maybe, but from my side it appears that Kessel has broken out, Krejci (who has scored at every level he's played, including PPG+ at 20 in the AHL) is simply doing what he does, and Lucic is Lucic, a 60 point banger. Add in Wheeler, who looks better every game, and that's some solid youth.

Quote:
The Habs will get their wins and I expect them to get better as they go -- their PP seems to be heating up, which would make them very scary -- but they have been very inconsistent. They need to get into a real, long-term roll... but they tend to do very well near the end of the season historically.
People keep quoting the Bruins easy sched, but to me the big difference is that the Habs aren't beating the teams they should, see Carolina tonite. If they were, it would be a damn close race right now.

As I said before, the Bruins are benefitting from a very easy December sched. If the Habs can't beat those bottom dwellars though, it won't matter. What's the deal? Motivation? Consistency?