View Single Post
Old
12-22-2008, 09:59 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Tanguay is not a flashy and spectacular player but if you pay attention you'll see tons of nifty little plays.

That being said I'm sure he can do better.

Anyway that seems an odd timing to start bashing Tanguay .
He got 5 pts in his last 3 games.

I guess HfBoarders wanted to bash another player than Lats who is playing really well these days.

They wanted to bash Pleks but realized he wasn't francophone.

Seriously if someone has to be criticized right now its Plekanec, not Tanguay.
He's got 9 points in his last 9 games.

What I like the most about Tanguay is how he gives an effort to backcheck. With his overall vision of the play, he's also very good on the PK and sees all the passing lanes. He's a great, clever player, he's a first line player, and I want him to be a long-time Hab. He fits us perfectly, and even though he can do even better, he's been a masterpiece for us so far. Him and Lang are two big reasons of why we have such a good record so far despite having many player underperforming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabs View Post
Tanguay or Lang or Plekanec, they are not the problem, the team is the problem. Too many soft players united, aka former Senators team... This team needs a bigggg trade. With the good prospects we have in the organization, it's time to sacrifice a little bit of talent on this team, and add some roughness, but no more Kostopoulos or Bégin, they are already doing their jobs. We need rough players that can score. This team, without a trade, is going nowhere in the playoffs.
Plekanec's problem is not that he's too soft. At least, this isn't the main issue.

The problem is that he doesn't backcheck like he used to, and he just seems to hug the puck way more than before. Last year, he was a tremendous playmaker. This year, he often looks like a Jason Blake redux.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-22-2008 at 12:29 PM.
HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote