Thread: So who goes...?
View Single Post
Old
12-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Lupul goes, no doubt. 4.25 Million is the difference between re-signing a few good players and losing to many other guys.
Upshall is a good candidate to be outta here, even though I like what he brings.
Jones could very well be outta here to re-sign Vaananen, who I think is more valuable to this team if he can be re-signed to a small deal for 2 million, then playing Jones and his awful $2.75 mill hit.
Knuble might be outta here, but I see him being re-signed, for cheap. I think he wants to be here. (I hope so anyway)

JVR is on his way in next year. Giroux could join him if he can prove he deserves a roster spot out of camp.

I think a huge problem will be goalies. They get good money and Biron, for all his inconsistencies, might command a decent amount.

Gagne-Richards-Knuble
JVR-Carter-Briere
Hartnell-Metro-Giroux
Cote-???-Asham

Coburn-Timonen
Vaananen-Carle
Sbisa-???

Biron
Nitty
i kinda like those lines, but i'd like to see knuble gone with any of JvR, Hartnell, or Briere in his spot. Hartnell would have to be taught to slow things down a little and be told straight to his face what he shouldn't even be trying...I think he's one of the guys on the team where a true system being implented would really help, and this whole telling-him-his-role-point-blank thing would be as close as possible to that.

Putting Briere in that spot still leaves Carter with Hartnell and then a guy like Giroux. The only real difficulty would be the third line, because what we'd be left with is vanRiemsdyk and maybe upshall there. I don't mind it, but I just don't know how much it would benefit big James, and he'd [robably be a little out of place...but maybe it could help out his physicality.

As far as defense goes, I can't think of who'd get that last spot. I think I'm just having a brain fart.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote