View Single Post
Old
12-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Just doesn't make any sense to me. Goaltending depth is one of the strong points in this organization so why add a guy like Rinne. On the other side why would Nashville trade him? Isn't he there goaltender for the future.

Supposedly Radulov would need to clear waivers to come back so I don't why we'd trade for his rights when he'd get claimed if he wanted to come back to the NHL. I'm not an Eklund hater like the majority of people, but this trade makes zero sense to me from either side.
actually it does makes sense for the Flames in a way... we have both Bertuzzi and Cammalleri headed for free agency... there is a chance the cap is going down... Radulov is not eligible to play this season but I think he could owe a year on his contract should he return to North America next season... so the Flames could essentially replace Cammalleri for 1 season with a guy making less than a million... it sheds Vandermeer's contract for next season... its frees up salary and a roster spot by moving Lombardi... and more importantly it really makes one of out goaltenders expendable so we could use one as a key piece in a trade to land a good rental player...

you know if you want to look at it logically

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote