View Single Post
Old
12-22-2008, 11:45 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I think our 5 on 5 play is one of the tops in the league my friend. I don't think we have a transition game problem. Merely a PP problem.
I sort of agree with that. I feel Streit was a big loss, but realistically we can't get him back, so we have to replace him. I think the players most similar to Streit are the two Kostitsyn brothers, and I would give them both a shot at playing on the RIGHT point and putting Markov back on the left where he excels.

Actually, Sergei is already getting a chance here, and the results have started to improve lately.

If the PP can be fixed through better use of our current roster players, and we don't need a PP "hired gun", it should be easier/cheaper to find an upgrade over Brisebois/O'Byrne for 6th D.

For now, until the right trade can be made, I would send O'Byrne down, call up whichever of Henry or Belle is better defensively to be our 7th D for now, spell that guy in for Brisebois around 50% of the time and see if we get a spark. Meanwhile, OB might just re-ignite his game by gaining confidence back in the AHL.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote