View Single Post
Old
12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Fischer will turn out OK. It wasn't a wasted pick. However, I wish Timmins had turned his attention to Dmen a couple of years earlier. IMO the Habs should have drafted Meszaros intead of Chipchura. If he had, the Habs might have taken a forward in the first round in 1986 instead of trading down and ending up with Fischer.
No no, I never suggested he was a bad pick. I like fischer, he's breaking out this year and i'm pleased. He's a big body, he's got some two-way play and apparently he's got some good hockey sense and can make some good passes, no objections. I just think berglund is better, can you blame me? 6'4 center on pace for 30 goals in his rookie year. Solid +- as well. By 1986 you mean 2006 I assume? Chipchura, well, his value will only be seen later on, people talk about him as a 3rd line guy with selke like ability, if he is, then it's a good pick. If he isn't, well, it changes a lot. We're a team with a plethora of top 6 wingers and if he becomes an average 3rd liner...dissapointing. We'll see how it plays out but IMO the habs should draft some skilled big centers in coming drafts. We lack size in the middle and surprises happen. We've got a D core that should be around forever. Weber/Subban/Fischer/Mcdonagh/Carle and so on won't have 6 spots to fill. Komi and markov are bound to stay in mtl. Gorges has a good chance of being a long term fix on our blueline as well. Getting some big skilled forwards is what we're lacking right now in our prospect pool and I hope it's addressed.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote