Thread: Value of: Doug Weight
View Single Post
Old
12-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
The one factor working in the Isles favor is competition; smaller supply, larger demand. B/c of parity we may see more teams in contention at the deadline and therefore more teams unwilling to sell (instead standing pat or even buying).

Take a look at teams that project to be selling, for example, NYI, Atl, Stl, and Tampa. Outside of Andy Mac (who knows how his injury impacts his value) and Keith Tk., I don't see many players that would be more appealing than Weight, and to a lesser extent Guerin. If Toronto falters Nik Antropov could be appealing, but basically there isn't much out there and this could work in the Isles' favor. Possibly a Steven R. from Phoenix, but I foresee them hovering around the 8th spot.
BI, totally hope you are correct. And, I admit that trade value at the deadline is hard to peg. Vast overpayments are often the rule.

I'm just not sure that playoff non-shows (like Guerin) or aging one-dimensional guys like Weight will bring big return. But, it sure would be nice if it happens!

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote