View Single Post
Old
12-24-2008, 11:03 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
I attend many Blades games. I am amazed at segotucci's productivity. He was a good not great player in Junior with Maxwell being better. If Maxwell would cut to the net and use his razzle dazzle offensive skills more he could surprise. He is much better defensively than Sego and has off the charts hockey sense and passing skills. He also can make team mates better more than Sego. He will jostle, strip the puck, take a hit and sometimes make an easy hit. D'ago does remind me of Sego in that he does everything well and has hockey sense as well as heads to the net and knows where to be and can bury it. Ryan and Pacs are much better skaters than Corson. Pacs does appear (in my limited viewing time) to have a style similar to Cole or Smith if he will go to the net. Both Maxwell and Pacs will be trained in being good two way players which will impact on their stats. It would be uber nice to see the Habs have an elite talent although the addition of 4 at the level of Eric Cole (Max, D'ago, Pac, SergeiK) would certainly be uber nice additions. However, I salivate thinking of a Zetterberg dominating for the Habs. A superstar or a huge skill center like Mats automatically keeps other teams honest and has an impact on momentum. Knowing Joe Thorton is around would keep some of the heat off a Sego or a Pavelski.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Why does everyone keep underrating D'agostini? He reminds me of the way Setoguchi was last year on the Sharks.

D'Agostini is a pure sniper, he reads the play very well, has good hockey sense, but what he does well that makes him such a threat is that he knows how to get open and make d-men forget about him, he's just really intelligent and finding open space.

Setoguchi like D'ago did have a good junior career, but nothing in their stats that were mind boggling, it seems that every year D'Ago plays, the smarter he gets and that he understands the game more which makes him a threat.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote