Thread: Value of: Brendan Witt
View Single Post
Old
12-25-2008, 12:16 PM
DontgoZiggy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I am not necessarily against a total rebuild and I agree that Lombardi's strategy was great - that is why I think the Kings will be a serious power in a few years.

But, for the Isles, there is little reason to trade Witt unless their is a major upgrade in youth and I don't see LA doing that.

The kind of deal I would forsee it taking would be like Witt and a 2nd for Teubert. And, that would not be a good move for the Kings.

My own GUESS (and this is just an opinion, no claims of inside info), is that Witt will be on the Island until the end of his contract and will likely be given the "C" next season.
I doubt Lombardi would trade Teubert, but who knows, he is only a prospect not nhl established, and we are pretty well stacked on young D. Eventually the prospect cupboard will be full enough for Lombardi. Quincey has been a fantastic unpredicted pick up for us and we have Johnson coming back from injury with also Hickey knocking on the door. I think it wouldn't hurt to balance some of that youth with someone like Witt.
We lose Gauthier next year and Odonnell if he isn't re-signed. That leaves us with Green and Preissing being the older statesmen.
We have more glaringly obvious needs in net of course (this year), but if we get our D set (already allowing the fewest shots on goal) for next year, we wont be throwing our young goalies in Bernier, Quick etc to the wolves.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote