View Single Post
Old
12-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Agree 100%. Theatrics like yelling, breaking sticks and flipping out in the media work...in Hollywood hockey movies and Rec Leagues. Kids' stuff.

Not the NHL.

You want leaders who do not lose their head when times get tough.

Think a professional athlete is going to respect a captain, a teammate who flips out publicly, during a game or in the media?

And some fans may not want to read this but no player should have his holiday ruined by a bad game (one of 82) that occured nights prior. Drury is spot on and his comment does not mean he doesn't care or has a bad attitude. That's ridiculous. It means he possesses the proper, mature perspective.

I'll defer to NYR fans as to what's wrong on the ice with NYR. But I know that it's not superficial crap like Chris Drury's or Renney's demeanor, facial expressions or post-game quotes.
Good post. Its no surprise that the posters that incessantly complain about Renney and Drury are the ones that went absolutely ga-ga over Sean Avery when he was here. You know, the guy who brought 3rd line abilities to the table but was embraced by a large percentage of the fanbase due to his immature circus sideshow. I happen to think that Drury, and especially Renney, have brought an aura of level-headedness to this organization that it was sorely lacking for a long, long time. I would have thought the 98-04 years would have humbled Ranger fans a bit...that doesnt seem to be the case.