View Single Post
Old
12-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Trottier
Very Random

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrospecialk View Post
I could definitely see the Flyers being interested...
Unfortunately, already NYI has a sufficient number of non-1st line wingers (Hunter, Comeau, Okposo, Bergenheim), so Upshall would be of minimal interest. Alberts is Sutton II, so no need there.

I do think Witt would fit like a glove on Philly's backline, but I do not see a trade. You're not going to move JVR, Giroux or Parent and, frankly, NYI needs to upgrade it's overall quality, not simply add more interchangeable parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
We've been abysmal for a couple of years now, but lombardi seems to have made some very astute trades to aquire quality youth that will hopefully give us a decent run for some time.
I think the shrewdest thing Lombardi has done is saturate the organization's pipeline with young D. There will ALWAYS be a market for defensive talent, so he has the option of either promoting up to the NHL club, or moving assets in an area of depth to fill other roles.

As for NYI, I'd like to see Witt, Weight and Guerin (should he waive his NTC) moved at the deadline, along with Comrie (and Sutton). Reality is, however, outside of the first two names, I don't think they will garner much in return.

Last edited by Trottier: 12-25-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote