View Single Post
Old
07-26-2004, 11:58 PM
EaGLE1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
forgive me for dragging up an old subject, but i didn't even know that Ivanans had signed elsewhere until today.

Anyway, what you're getting in Ivanans is a VERY big, VERY good fighter. Whomever was comparing him to Dwyer is out of their gourd. There is nothing "pesky" about this guy. He rarely loses a fight, and he will not stand for the opposition taking cheap shots at the skill guys.

Now...the bad news.

While he may be built like an angry gorilla...I think the gorilla might have more hockey sense than this guy. He was decent for an enforcer...in the AHL, but that's not really saying much. I suppose if he was carried ONLY for games in which there was going to be trouble...he'd be okay in the NHL, but it's hard to imagine. then again..if Jody Shelley gets regular playing time in Columbus...anything is possible. He was never actually Nashville property, but rather was loaned to Milwaukee by the Rockford IceHogs of the UHL. When Nashville snagged the bigger\better Jeremy Yablonski, everyone knew Raitis was gone. Ads fans will miss him, as he's great with fans and that never losing a fight thing will help your popularity, as well.
Today's enforcer needs to know how to play hockey a little bit those days. We're not in the 70' anymore. SEE BLOUIN