View Single Post
Old
12-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
I have no idea what Savard > Thornton (not true) has to do with which team is better, but that's another issue, as is Nabokov. I realize you were responding to another post but again, arguing over which of those players is better doesn't answer the team question. And on top of Cheechoo, Torrey Mitchell's been out the entire year, and Michalek, Goc, and Roenick have each missed a handful of games (5, 8, and 6 respectively). Both teams have had injury troubles, and one teams' troubles don't outweigh the other's by much IMO.
1) As you said, it was a SJ poster who made the argument that SJ was better because: a) Thornton > Savard b) Nabokov > Thomas and c) They've been hit hard by injuries (he had some other reasons as well). If you have a problem with that argument you should have brought it up when your fellow Sharks fan made it, not when I responded to it.

2) Again, I didn't claim that Boston's injuries are a big deal. I was responding to the Sharks poster who claimed that SJ has been hit hard. I believe they've been hit no harder than most teams, and in fact, no harder than Boston.

I don't really see the need in weighing all of the teams' injuries to see who was hit harder, but if you really want to we can imagine what SJ would be if they were missing:
- their top goal scoring LW from last season for 16 games
- their top goal scoring RW from last season for 12 games
- their #3 dman for 9 games
-their #4 dman for 18 games
-their #2 C for 3 games (with more to come)

as well as the handful of bottom 6 guys with missed games here and there

I'd gladly give up the Torrey Mitchells of the world over a top 6 goal scoring winger.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote