View Single Post
Old
12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
WreckItRask

vCash: 500
First of all, I am not trolling. I will tell you that most Bruin's fans were not psyched about giving Ryder the type of money that he got, and I was not a huge fan of his when he played for the Habs. I thought he was a brutal skater, and was too one-dimensional, but I also admit that I had a relatively small sample size from which to make that assessment. I will say this though, he is a much better all-around player than I thought he was. Even when he wasn't scoring, Julien somehow got him to buy into a system, and he was pretty good in all three zones. But his offense didn't pick up until he was thrown on a line with Krejci and Wheeler, and then he took off.

But I still believe that he had to get out of Montreal to be successful. Carbo didn't like his game, and I'm not sure he could keep up with some of the speed lines that the Habs employ as their scoring lines. The line that he's on now works because none of the three guys are burners, and Krejci can slow the game down to create for the two wingers.

One final thought: The Ryder situation is very similar to the Boyes situation with the Bruins. They trade him to STL and he pops 43 right away. We had to deal with an influx of Boyes threads, and Blues fans trolling and telling us how good he is, etc. I hope I'm not viewed as one of those guys, because I'm not here to troll. Most B's fans thought Chiarelli overpaid for him, I didn't think he was this good, but I think his line combo, Julien's coaching, and his experience last year are all playing a role in his resurgence. We'll see if he can keep it up.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote