View Single Post
Old
12-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1993 View Post
The idea of the post wasn't to trade Pleks for Weight...

In order to get any of the top players such as Jay, Gaborik or Kavulchuk (players being suggested in trade rumours)...we have to give up some assets...even though Pleks has been a good player for us with a low salary he isn't a top first or second line center...I like Pleks but I think we have overated him.....he isn't a clutch player...he isn't a leader...other teams have figured out how to shut him down and he doesn't have alot of experience taking a team deep into the playoffs...we need a short & a long term solution at center...Weight good be a good short term solution for our playoff run...

Now,there seems to be some interest in Pleks...so packaging him for a top player like Jay (which we need) would be a good move...

Now if Bob would be able to make that deal happen....it would be great to make another move for a top center in his prime with leadership,skills and experience..however that is unrealistic....there isn't really anybody available....our center position is currently and would be even weaker with Pleks being moved...

So being that Doug Weight is available....he could be a good short term solution...we wouldn't have to give up lots for him...he has lots of excellent playoff experience to help us go deep into the playoffs, he's a good two way centre with skills...his leadership capabilities are also very good...He is older but looking at his stats he's still performing at a high level...centers like Weight are good to have for the playoffs..

In terms of our long term solution at center...well that's a tougher problem to solve.....Bob will have to continue drafting well...and also keep his eye on the young centers in the league until an opportunity comes up for him to trade for a top line center...
There's so many things wrong with this post.. ill post again when I sober up. Ur way out of everything.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote