View Single Post
Old
12-30-2008, 09:13 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Say what you want, but he wasn't playing any better when he took over his brother's spot on another line when Andrei was out. Let's call a spade a spade here folks, he hasn't played well overall this season.

But again, I insist in saying that he's still young and will/should develop into a heck of a hockey player, but he needs quality minutes in Hamilton for a while.
I think that the process of how to get a player going depends on feel, and I don't think playing him 24 minutes in Hamilton would have the desired result. I won't try and give you anything concrete because I'd be making it up. I just don't think he has to learn anything other than how to make the most of the icetime he gets. Playing in Florida, he could easily play on a top line, play big minutes, produce more, but here he has to seize the opportunity.

I don't have a problem with his status right now. If he thinks he's too big to play with the likes of Begin, he needs the dose of humble pie that he's getting. Players become winners when they find ways to contribute regardless of their role and embrace what the team is doing.

I think that a line of Begin,Chipchura and young K. would be an effective short term line. Carbo likes the kid, he likes players that mix skill with some attitude, but realizes that it's a process. I think he's fine right now, let them go. Again, it's not about whether he deserves to play with Lang,Pleks or whoever, it isn't relevant to team success.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote