Thread: Line Combos: Prucha-Dubi-Z, Korps-Gomez-Naslund
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2008, 10:29 AM
polako

vCash: 500
Brooklyn, I understand your point of view, just disagree with it.

I'm not expecting much from a fourth line center. In the past, Renney has voiced his desire, and in many cases, has actually utilized his fourth line as a checking unit. In this capacity, all I care about is not having the other team's line score. The Betts unit at least the past couple of years has been able to get the puck deep in the offensive zone and work the cycle (I recall the Betts-Hossa-Orr trio being the best at this).

Alternatively, I'm not sold on Dan Fritsche. I'm not sold on a guy who couldn't cut it in Columbus, of all places, and who was a throw-in in a trade where we already had a clear upper hand. Sure, he may be a better all around player, but if inserted at Betts' expense, he wouldn't be as good as Betts in the role that he'd be playing, which would be a purely defensive role.

Besides, most of Betts' minutes come on the PK anyway. I'm confident that Fritsche doesn't have the talent to contribute enough more offensively in 5 minutes of ES time to justify supplanting Betts, especially with Orr and Sjo as linemates.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote