Thread: D'Agostini...
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
And now to the real issue: whom else would you trade from the roster to get an impact player without creating a big hole now or in the years to come?
I don't think we need to get the same level of "impact player" you think we need. I don't believe we need a Marian Gaborik or Jay Boumeester in this club. Sure it'd be great, but I don't believe it is a serious need.

We have four extremely dependable blueliners in Andrei Markov, Mike Komisarek, Roman Hamrlik and Josh Gorges. That leaves Franky Bouillon, Mathieu Dandenault, Ryan O'Byrne and Patrice Brisebois rounding out the Bottom three spots, one made only for injuries and stoppage gaps. I'd rather get a guy like Jordan Leopold or Sean O'Donnell, someone who does a respectable job on the blue line and would make a lesser teams Top 4 than go all out on a JayBo and lose Chris Higgins or Sergei Kostitsyn.

With a healthy lineup on forward, and if everyone is kicking on all cylinders, you got probably the deepest and most impactful 14 forwards on any NHL team. When you have difference makers on your third line, you're in good shape.

If there was a Brad Stuart out there we could give a 2nd and a 4th for at the deadline, I'd do it in a second. The closest I could see to that is if Colorado is out of a playoff spot and Jordan Leopold is healthy.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote