View Single Post
Old
12-30-2008, 06:13 PM
GoldenForum

vCash: 500
Suggestion: Mods Sometimes Too Quick to Merge Threads

For us all to think about/discuss:

First off, I really appreciate the work that the Mods do-- they keep the board organized and free of total stupidity (as best they can).

I have one complaint/suggestion that I think would liven up certain threads on the board. In the case of the Habs board, a thread for almost every topic probably already exists (slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean)-- my point being, it is very easy for the Mods to move virtually any new posting to an existing thread. I think that is a bit of a problem.

For instance, board members have long been discussing Habs need for a 4th D-man (there are many other examples to highlight too). At this point, the thread is so long that folks are far less inclined to view, say, the latest/last page of the thread even if that page contains some new info/valuable discussion points.

Don't mean to be too long-winded. My point/suggestion is this: from time to time, the Mods should just let an old thread die and allow a new thread with new info (on a topic that may have already had a past thread...ie. 4th D-man) to survive and thrive and not just get swallowed up in an old thread where many may not read it/become aware of something new.

When we check the boards, we like to see what's new. If everything always gets buried at the end of an existing thread, it makes that difficult.

I understand balance is needed and I respect that-- but please don't swing the pendulum so far to the "thread moved" side that we lose the ability to post new info on an older/existing topic.

Again, thanks for the great work you do & hope you might consider this suggestion.