View Single Post
Old
12-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

vCash: 500
Steve Ott has a place on this squad when Mike Modano is gone. He should be a 4th liner this year, if we had a healthy lineup. What is his value to the organization and can someone else fill that checking role in the future, cheaper. If they have an in house solution, they may look to move him. Then it's a matter of getting something of more value to them (a defenseman, let's say) versus keeping him and the energy he brings to the lineup.

I don't know the answer. I can only say he brings down Ribiero, Richards, and Modano, rather than bringing up a checking line. We'll have to see where the Stars are at the deadline or maybe even this off season but I do question his long term status in Dallas. His role is eaten up by the presence of Modano. As long as Mike is here Ott's kinda in limbo. He's better than a 4th liner yet he's not nearly offensively gifted enough to play on Dallas' top three lines.

I'm curious to see what the Stars do and I'd be real curious as to his value around the league.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote