View Single Post
Old
12-30-2008, 06:18 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Considering he's second only to Koivu in even-strength scoring per icetime, is third in PP productivity, and is responsible defensively, he makes a damned good point.

I'm not very keen on the idea of punishing a productive player for lack of "grit". As far as I know, this game is still decided by who has more goals, not who has more "grit". I'm not sure that's what Carbo is doing here, though. He's just rolling his lines. I would cut into the fourth line icetime a bit more though, as Maxwell and Sergei haven't been productive at even-strength.

Hopefully Koivu will return, Tanguay will play on his line, and the two of them can get 18-19 minutes a game along with Lats or d'Ago.

I would keep Tanguay, but not at any cost. He is an excellent two-way player who is productive at even-strength, and ES scoring has been a Montreal weakness traditionally. Montreal is quite strong at even-strength this year, and I think Tanguay has to be credited for some of that at least.
You're right on all the line right here...

Personnally, I have a lot of issues with Carbo coaching. He wants the players to be carbon copies of himself.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote