View Single Post
Old
12-30-2008, 06:23 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm View Post
You're right on all the line right here...

Personnally, I have a lot of issues with Carbo coaching. He wants the players to be carbon copies of himself.
I see no evidence of that whatsoever, can you give an example ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Considering he's second only to Koivu in even-strength scoring per icetime, is third in PP productivity, and is responsible defensively, he makes a damned good point.

I'm not very keen on the idea of punishing a productive player for lack of "grit". As far as I know, this game is still decided by who has more goals, not who has more "grit". I'm not sure that's what Carbo is doing here, though. He's just rolling his lines. I would cut into the fourth line icetime a bit more though, as Maxwell and Sergei haven't been productive at even-strength.

Hopefully Koivu will return, Tanguay will play on his line, and the two of them can get 18-19 minutes a game along with Lats or d'Ago.

I would keep Tanguay, but not at any cost. He is an excellent two-way player who is productive at even-strength, and ES scoring has been a Montreal weakness traditionally. Montreal is quite strong at even-strength this year, and I think Tanguay has to be credited for some of that at least.

There are players that play well but don't produce well, and some that don't always play well but do produce. Tanguay,imo is like this. He avoids the crease, hangs on the outside, shoots as a last option, then does snap one, or cut to the net and tap one in. He happens to be very skilled, but you tend to want more when you watch him.

When he makes a mistake, I'll give him credit for busting his ass getting back and making up for it. I think he has a good ammount of pride, I just wish he'd have a scorer's mentality.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-30-2008 at 06:49 PM.
mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote