View Single Post
Old
12-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Wedontneedroads

vCash: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
And he isn't the clear cut best player in the world as some people where suggesting, like it was a universal truth.

Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby. There you got the three best players in the world. They will have their up and downs. Neither of them is "miles ahead" of the other.
my argument for crosby being better than the other two is his playoff performance and ability to make the players around him better. Ovechkin did have a solid playoff performance, but couldn't make his teammates good enough to win. Part of that has to do with a young team, but i personally believe ao can do more to help his teammates. oppositely, put any decent forward with a good release next to crosby and they will have close to 30 goals every year. only special players can accomplish that type of feat. Malkin still has some maturing to do in my opinion which was clear when he steped onto the big stage in the sc finals. that is my rational for crosby being better than ao and malkin. out of those three AO is my favorite player to watch though...

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote