Thread: Injury Report: Tanguay is out for a month
View Single Post
Old
12-31-2008, 05:58 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
Which raises the question, why is it OK for Kosto to fight Artichoke'n and Begin to fight Stewart when both are outweighed by 30ish lbs but it's OK for Sauer to invoke some unspoken code that he doesn't have to tango with Laraque because BGL is bigger?
Interesting point. It's a funny business, hockey fighting...

IMO, the Kosto fight last night was kind of silly on Tom's part. The hit on Tanguay was a clean hockey play, to pressure him to get rid of the puck. Tom does it all the time, it just happens that Artyukhin is enormous, and Tanguay went into the boards awkwardly. The fight certainly didn't dissuade Artyukhin from playing physically later in the game. If the same play happened again, I'm sure he'd hit Tanguay again, and if Tanguay didn't get hurt, the play would go on as if nothing happened.

I really don't know what the Begin/Stewart fight was about. I don't think anything was accomplished there either, both guys played hard when they got back on the ice.

It makes sense that no one wants to fight Laraque - they are just going to get clobbered. BGL is too nice to just grab someone and beat the crap out of them. The Habs knew this when they picked him up, and yet, decided to invest in him for three years. At this point, I don't see the upside to having him on the team. At first I thought, well, at least Komisarek won't be fighting anymore. Obviously I was wrong.

Sorry for the rambling.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote