View Single Post
Old
07-29-2004, 07:25 AM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
But we're not a playoff contender. And yes, Poti and Malakhov are/were a bigger liability than Purinton. Both of those players are/were expected to be core players, playing in ALL situations and eating up tons of minutes. Purinton is a depth defenseman who is expected to play a limited role. No more, no less.
I know we aren't a playoff contender which is why I don't mind it so much. If we are lucky he will even cost us a couple games by stupid penalties or inability to cover his own man.

No way was Purinton less of a liability then Maladog or Poti. Who cares what they make? Who cares what their roles are were? Even though they both sucked, I'd rather see either on the PP or PK over Dale. I'm not saying either player was especially good. On the contrary, I'm glad Malakhov is gone, and I hope we can eventually move Poti, but Purinton IS that bad. He had one solid stint 2 seasons ago when you could have made an argument, but he is just awful. Poti may just poke check, but at least he's fast enough to be close enough to do that. Malakhov may not give 100 percent, but at least he was better then Dale. Dale makes Oleg Kvasha look like Pavel Bure when he comes down the wing.