View Single Post
Old
01-02-2009, 10:48 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog Hodgson View Post
So Tootoo will fight people as long as they are smaller then him?
Tootoo is 5'9", 200; Burrows is something like 6'1", 204?

Or should I do that in metrics for you?

We played flat in the first, and meh in the third. I thought we played a solid second period, played with some energy and had some chances, but couldn't catch a break. And I think that factors into why we aren't playing all that well: we just can't catch a break in the offensive zone. When we get those chances that could go either way (a shot that rings off the inside of the post or slips behind the goaltender), it doesn't fall our way. Of course, we don't do ourselves a whole lot of favors.

I figured Tootoo's line was out there for one reason and one reason only to start the game, and lo and behold, I was right. Not much to that fight, though. Tootoo landed the only real punch.

Bonk had a flashback to his Ottawa days on Peverley's goal. That was a fantastic pass. The kindergartner sitting next to me in 306 could have buried that one.

Babs was giving up rebounds all night, but we had nobody going to the front of the net. *coughRYANJONEScough*

Is it just me or does Trotz have all of our players thinking defense first? Every time Tootoo takes a shot off the wing, Babs gives up the rebound, and Bonk and Smithson give up on the play and head back through the neutral zone. Our defensemen give up on the play too soon and start skating back the other way, as well. This mentality isn't going to help us score a lot of goals.

The power plays for both teams looked identical... well, except one team made crisp, accurate passes, generated movement to try and get themselves open for the puck-carrier, and were able to hold the zone for more than 10 seconds before turning the puck over. Our PK was solid, and Sundin wasn't playing, or this game would have been over in the first period.

Arnott and Dumont are not playing well. At all. PLEASE split them up.

Erat should have been a NASCAR driver.

I noticed several poor plays and bad turnovers out of Klein. I thought he played okay overall, and I understand that he's still learning the NHL game (as do FCM and many others); however, Barry Trotz does not, and he'll gladly sit Klein for Koistinen, so KK needs to be a quick study or Ville might get another chance to "build some consistency."

Other than his pair of aborted starts, I think Rinne has looked pretty sharp. It's easy to see why he's the future.

I really, REALLY hope we make a move today or tomorrow. I don't care if it's just calling up Santorelli and Jones and sitting Smithson and Peverley, this team need a kick in the 'nads, and they need it right now.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote