View Single Post
Old
07-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackisback
A great move. Staying in college for players like Walsh, Jessiman, Potter, Guenin and Taylor is idiotic. These are big players who are going to have to learn how to fight and play against much physically tougher and meaner players then you get in the powder puff college leagues.

The AHL, OHL and WHL can all help provide them with great early training as to the toughness level they must acquire and develop as a bigger player.
You don't watch much NCAA hockey do you? Yeah, it's such a "powder puff league" (I'll use your words here).

The NCAA lacks soooooo much tough players. Obviously you haven't seen Taylor nor Tim Conboy nor Matt Nickerson nor Aaron Voros. All are NHL drafted players, all are tough, physical players, who have played in the NCAA. Of course, honing one's skill and mental toughness has absolutely nothing to do with becoming a better player, right? Do us all a favor, watch some college hockey sometime. I mean REALLY pay some attention to the game. You'll find that toughness isn't just about dropping the mitts and throwing punches.

...and OBTW, I have seen actually seen fighting in the NCAA. So while is not condoned nor tolerated by the league itself, it does on occassion happen.

FYI, Taylor isn't going to the Canadian Majors, he's likely headed to down to either AHL or ECHL.