Thread: Habs TV
View Single Post
Old
01-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
I guess it's all up to whether there's any profit margin in it or not. I don't think they need to boost their image or engage in any generic PR investment activities. The Bell Centre will always be sold out. They have a pretty solid national fanbase already anyway. I guess I'd be a little bit surprised if they could make it pay off. I wonder if Leafs TV makes anything or is basically just a subsidized marketing gimmick? Habs TV probably wouldn't have the same advertising potential if it was split across different languages, and if ALL the live games were still being broadcast on RDS.

I always subscribed to Leafs TV, they had other stuff like the CCHA games. And occasionally they were the only ones carrying a Leafs game. Habs TV would definitely have to find some supplementary programming too, I don't know if they could get some Q games or what. The NHL Network already keeps most of the historically classic games in rotation, I don't think there's a big NEED for those. And they should want us to just buy the DVD set anyway.

I have to doubt the team would even want more media attention, talkshow/sideshow stuff, etc, swirling around. Seems like they have a pretty full load to handle just from the print and radio folks already.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote