View Single Post
Old
01-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Ideally I would like to add another center either to play with Iginla & Cammalleri or to permanently center a checking line.I am most interested in a healthy Andy McDonald who I believe could play on the top line. However the most important thing to me is faceoff ability; guys like Radek Bonk and Manny Malhotra makes alot of sense to me as they add size and faceoff ability down the middle, they are both also impending UFAs. However if someone like McDonald could be added I would also like to add a 3rd line forward for depth reasons as I believe McDonald would cost us a roster player.

I would also like to see the Flames acquire some defensive depth. I would prefer a guy that could play with either Phaneuf of Regehr. Since I am not a big advocate of bringing back former players it surprises me to say this but my top 2 choices if they are available at this point are Jordan Leopold & Derek Morris. Other guys I would be interested in for the right price include... Jraoslav Spacek, Filip Kuba and Karlis Skrastins; I may also be willing to take a chance on Christian Backman or Nick Boynton as well

I would say adding the defensive depth is more imperative for the playoffs than adding forwards since we already have 3 lines that can score and at least a couple guys on the farm that have shown they can make an impact with the big club.

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote