View Single Post
Old
07-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Without getting into a political debate {because that isnt the topic}. I have to just say that I believe you have two choices in life. Complain about things, or trying to change them.

Regardless of what political party you are, you gotta go out there and make your voice heard and do something about it.

If you like Republicans, go out there and get involved. If you like Democrats, go out there and get involved. If you like Independents, go out and get involved. That is the beautiful thing that all sides can agree on, the ability to speak, be heard and organize.

There are bad politicians out there, there are also bad cops, lawyers, doctors, teachers, and posters right here on this message board. People complain about politics yet they engage in it every day of their lives.

I came from a family who worked for a living and two parents who worked to get as successful as they've become.

I make the money I do now because I worked my tail off in college, worked for free as a intern and made connections. I worked two jobs and sometimes freelanced in the summers, i went to school full time. I made National Dean's lists and I earned my MBA all from hard work. I put myself through law school and I am doing what I do for a living because I never let anyone tell me what i could and couldn't make of myself.

Maybe I'll never be president but when I lay on my death bed I'll always know I gave it a shot and didn't hold back. If you can go through life whether you are a carpenter or a ceo, you gotta go for it.

I don't want to sound like my life story is some magnificent literary work, but I've had my ups and my downs and I am very proud of anyone who has worked to get where they are. Politics like anything else has had its bad experiences, but it has also done wonderful things.

Politics surely isn't for everyone, but for some people it is their effort to try and make this country a little better than it was. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.