View Single Post
Old
01-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Northern Neighbour

vCash: 500
Would you play Armstrong over Moss on the 3rd line? The Flames are pretty much set at RW with Iginla, Bertuzzi, and Moss.

I like Lunatik's ideas of MacDonald. MacDonald would be a very good fit on the top line. As for Bonk and Malholtra, Bonk is a good defensive centre, but having seen him in Ottawa he's quite soft and isn't a great playoff performer. Malholtra is a good player, but he wouldn't be an upgrade over Lombardi. I also don't think Columbus will deal him as the Blue Jackets are in the thick of the playoff race.

Jason Arnott would be a terrific fit in Calgary, but he'll cost way too much to pry from Nashville. I wouldn't mind Doug Weight in Calgary to add some more depth and he shouldn't cost too much in a trade.

Dean McAmmond would be a good depth guy to have down the stretch. He won't cost a lot but he would very good insurance in case of an injury.

On defence, Kuba and Boynton are intriguing options. Kuba would help with the PP and has had a very good season in Ottawa. Boynton is a decent two-way defenceman who plays a physical style. He's a Keenan-type of player.

Former plays Leopold and Morris would be good fits as well, although I think Keenan and Sutter would want to get a defenceman with size, leaving Leopold out. Morris' lack of durability is a question mark as well.

Two other options would be Dan Hamhuis and Greg Zanon. Hamhuis, though, would cost quite a bit while Zanon could be quite affordable, possibly a mid-round pick and a prospect (e.g., Pelech).

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote