View Single Post
Old
01-04-2009, 01:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Kristo above Fischer seems weird to me. I'll admit i haven't seen them both play very often, but isn't Kristo's size going to be a huge question mark for him in the NHL? He seems more like a project to me. Fischer had an iffy year last yr but this season he seems to have picked it up nicely. Once he fills up he'll have an NHL body with a wide array of tools to go with them. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

I'm also surprised to see Emelin so low.
Well I admit a little basis here, I had heard about how high Timmins was on Kristo so I am certainly not going to bet against him, and while his frame is a concern, he's still in high school, so he'll have 2-3 years in the NCAA to try and add some mass and strength to his frame before spending time in the AHL. So yea he's a project but as our 2nd youngest prospect, he's already an got an impressive resume that includes wearing the C for the U-18 team, likely 2 appearances for the U-20 club, all before going to one of the top programs in the NCAA.

Fischer has picked it up nicely, but I think Kristo has higher upside since he's done more at a younger age, he was a standout player in the USHS during his freshman year which got him the invite to the USNDTP, and while Fischer was invited to tryout for the same team, he opted not to tryout since they wanted him to tryout as a forward.

I like what I've seen from Kristo and it's still really early for him, Fischer has struggled to really standout in the NCAA, and while he has shown a good deal of improvement year over year, he still isn't a standout player despite being an upperclassmen. Fischer has filled out a bit but he needs to get a lot stronger and learn how to use said size as he does have a tall frame he needs to add more mass and strength imo.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote