Thread: Cote
View Single Post
Old
01-04-2009, 01:46 PM
lancer247

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
he doesnt excel in being an enforcer. what has he done to enforce. i have not seen him do anything when any of the top players where hit or run at. when hartnel fought goddard, cote should have went after one of their layers, he didnt. his talent is limited and i would rather have aguy who can play ont he 4th line than cote or acquire a legit fighter. cote is terrible. he has a lot of heart but that only gets you so far.
while i agree w/ you - i miss not having a legit H/W...i hate hearing it from friends and family in NY, WASH, or PITT when cote gets his arse beat...

there are two questions though-
1. Would having a more legit H/W stopped the recent cheapshots on our players - notably, gagne, giroux, kimo and alberts? PROBABLY NOT.

bieska is a beast (everything we thought vandermeer would be)that plays in the shadow of boogey 6 times a year w/o flinching...perry is a POS that has parros to carry his water if another team's H/W wants to make him pay and you get the picture...those hits would have happened anyway. it would be nice to have someone to make godard pay for jumping hartnell next time we play the pens though.

2. Do our players play less agressive or timid because they fear retribution from another teams tough guys? NO

richards, asham, hartnell, alberts all play physical and can handles themselves...even our non-fighters (lupul, gagne, carter, kimo, ossi, etc) don't play scared...they all finish their checks and go hard to the net.

i guess coming up in the org w/ a lot of the guys and winning a calder cup has formed a bond of trust that these guys know he will answer the bell for them even though he will likely get pummeled...

i would rather dress gratton for the 4th line down the stretch and in the playoffs because while he loses just as many fights he is a better player or sign/trade for a 4th liner for the playoffs (shanny or gary roberts).

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote