View Single Post
Old
01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Abonics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
He'll be gone by the time we draft unless of course we move up in the draft. We had better be drafting a forward or goalie, we already have a bunch of young defensemen and a ridiculously stellar one in Phaneuf. Lunatik's idea in the other thread of trading Lombardi to move up was a decent one. I'd like to nab a skilled forward if we could. If he was there, Rajala wouldn't be a bad option.
I dont agree with this. While we have a bunch of young defensemen, we also have a bunch of young goalies as well (Mac, Irving, Keetley, Lalande). None may be "blue-chip", but I doubt we could draft a blue chipper in the latter half of the 1st round anyways.

I think you have to draft the best player available. Then you can trade from your position of organizational strength (whether it be a surplus of forward, goalie or defensemen prospects) when you have a better idea of what type of player you have as he is further along in his development. I'd be happy with a good forward, but no more than a good player who plays any other position.

Abonics is offline   Reply With Quote