View Single Post
Old
07-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Carter needs to be in the NHL. Zhamnov-Carter-Handzus-Primeau is extremely deep down the middle. I also think Carter should be the 2nd line center. They have enough veteran wings to place around him to put him in a position to succeed. A Gagne-Carter-Roenick line should be able to produce.

I would be amazed, very happy amazed, if Carter got a role on this team as a center next year. Mostly due to the nature of the way Hitchcock runs his teams, but we will see what happens.

Zhamnov, Primeau, Handzus, and Roenick are your top three centers and Carter isn't going to be cracking that for playing time up the middle. Clarkie has already said that if Zhamnov signs he wants Roenick to play the wing with him, but if he doesn't Roenick would be up the middle.

so...

If Carter is going to play up here, and he's looking at 4th line duty in the short-run I'd rather him play on the Phantoms or Juniors where he'll get top minutes and PP time, better for us since he's going to be a definite scoring line option hopefully. Personally I think Richards would make more sense of the two to have as a fourth-line center since the scouting on him is that he is more of a two-way center than the pure-scorer that Carter is.

Now, Ideally I would love for Ruzicka or Droz to get in here and blow away the staff to get a wing position and let Carter and Richards just play center in the AHL or OHL, but unlike others I don't think it is ever a bad thing to be playing at the NHL level, regardless of position. Plus, you never know if a guy is going to get out on the wing for the first time in their life and blossom into a very good player... Gagne for example.