View Single Post
Old
01-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Nubbin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Its just amazing though isnt it? Its always the players fault that this team can not score goals.
3 years ago, Jagr goes bonkers, Prucha explodes out of nowhere, we still only finish at 14th (3.05G/G) in the NHL in offense. Clearly we dont have the players...

We add a 40 goal scorer from the previous year in Shanahan to help fix the problem.

so 2 years ago we had more or less the same team, added Shanahan, and our offense dropped from 14th in the NHL to 18th in the NHL (2.84G/G). Damn! I guess we still have too many round holes and square pegs! How about we have more or less the same team, subtract Nylander and add Chris Drury (a 37 goal scorer the year before) and Scott Gomez (a steady 60-75 point getter) and im sure that will bring in more offense right?

We drop from 18th in the NHL in offense to 25th (2.5 G/G).

Ok, it must all be Jagr and the Czech connections fault, you know because we have all these square pegs and round holes, so lets dismantle that team, get rid of Jagr, Shanahan, Straka, Avery, etc, and try a more or less completely different group of players. Lets put together a team that Tom Renney has more or less either drafted, or has been here since before they arrived (IE, he must have had some hand in picking what players he wants, but will have to deal with whatever players are there before he gets here)

So this year we go from 25th in the NHL to 26th in the NHL (2.5 G/G)

Is it possible...just possible, that we DO have the horses to be score goals?

Is it possible, just possible, that this team as constructed should be a viable contender for the cup?

I mean, clearly adding more talented players, or adding players that Tom Renney has a direct impact in signing doesnt help our cause offensively, so maybe, just maybe, there is another reason why this team can't score goals.

I dunno, you tell me.

We don't have goal scorers. We have playmakers. That's it. Other than that. Nothing... Season over.

Nubbin is offline   Reply With Quote