View Single Post
Old
01-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 500
Third Period
The only period the Flames bother to show up for. They hit, they shot, the skated and hit hard. And not a whit of it mattered. This was simply a case of way too little way too late. Had the Flames played this hard from the start of the game there might just be some good news for me to report. But alas the Flames decided to phone this game in.
The power play was flawless. Fast accurate passes, hard shots on net, and great sustained pressure. A perfect cross crease pass to Langkow and the Flames were able to get within two. The penalty kill was it’s usual self with perfect execution. Blocked shots and passes, and even a couple offensive chances. Though I do have to say, Glenncross has to bury that breakaway chance. To be fair The Bulin Wall had a lot to do with that.

Overall Impressions
The Flames deserve to lose this game. What a pathetic effort. How can anyone expect to beat anyone when you only show up for one period? This is not what I have come to expect from the Flames and I am not at all impressed. As a matter of fact I am quite irritated with this team. They are so very much better than this. Yes yes, you cannot win them all, but by not showing up it’s a guarantee you won’t win.
Since I have no stars for the Flames tonight (no one really deserved any) I will give kudos. Nystrom, Iginla, and Regher. Those guys were the real Flames players tonight. Well I suppose Miikka was pretty good until the defense completely abandoned him.

Three Stars By Me
1. Nicolai Khabibulin
2. Andrew Ladd
3. Martin Havlat

The Flames head back to the Dome to host the Sharks on Tuesday. Let’s hope the Flames actually bother to show up.

Edit: I chose Regher from the poll.

Last edited by Lanny'sDaMan: 01-04-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: add my pick for Flames MVP
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote