View Single Post
Old
01-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Twist and Shout

vCash: 500
2 on 1 ... Linemate carries the puck into the zone, defenseman over commits, perfect pass gets slipped right to me and I get all of it and see it go through the goalie's five hole. As I was in the process of raising my hands, I heard the post. Turns out the puck hit the back of his skate and deflected off the opposite post.

The one I'll never forget was on the powerplay. I'm in front of the net screening the goalie. Multiple shots from the point on goal, none are getting by the goalie so I move to the side when I see a lot of other traffic in front of the goal. Another point shot gets through to the goalie, linemate who's in front of the goal taps it through the five hole. The puck stops a few inches away from the goal line and right by me with no one in sight. I lacksadaisically move my stick slowly to tap it in, stick touches the puck and next thing I know I'm on the ice. Got rocked from behind and the puck was cleared. Coach yelled at me on the bench. This happened several years ago and it made me change the way I play. I tend not to half ass it so much nowadays.

A lot of other instances where the puck deflected off multiple posts and the crossbar, but none really on a gimmie goal.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote