View Single Post
Old
01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Kiprusoff struggled early in the game but then got better. But in the first 5 or 7 minutes, he wasn't very sharp. He gave up huge rebounds and battled the puck. He settled down, though, later on. Veersteg's goal, however, was a bad goal and a back breaker.

I agree with GoFlames that Glencross was the best Flame tonight. He had a few great scoring chances, but couldn't capitalize. Moss, Langkow, Nystrom, and Roy were the only other Flames that played well tonight. Giordano was o.k. as well.

I thought Regehr and Iginla had poor games. Regehr lost a lot of battles that he normally wins and he just wasn't on his game tonight. Iginla was largely invisible and made some terrible, terrible turnovers that led to great scoring chances. He had one nice pass, but overall he played a brutal game.

I thought Phaneuf played well with the lone exception of the turnover at the blueline that led to Veersteg's marker. All he needs to do is hit the net with greater frequency. He missed the net way too many times.

The Flames are 0-2-1 against Chicago this season. If both teams make the playoffs, have to hope the Flames don't meet them.
Our record isn't much better (wouldn't even say better) against the Sharks or Wings either.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote