01-05-2009, 12:48 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Kyle Chipchura at number 4 ?!

Wow... just WOw....

Maxwell, Weber, D'Agostini, White, Fischer, Kristo >> Kyle Chipchura

Maxwell, weber, white, fischer, and kristo haven't even proved anything in the NHL yet. 4 of your 6 players mentioned haven't played an NHL game. 2 of your 6 haven't even played an AHL game.

Nice list. I honestly get the impression that Fischer will surprise. I was under the impression he had good vision and hockey sense and joined the play a bit. Then again, i heard this in 06 when he got drafted. Don't know if it was wrong or it changed now. I'm optmistic he can end up a top 4, but we'll see.

Subban at #2 for me is more than how good of a prospect he might be. We lack offensive defensemen on our team. We have Carle & Weber in the minors(well, weber got called up) but i'm not sure they are as dynamic as Subban. Hamrlik is our second best off-dman(mind you, he's a two way d, more of a Defensive player, but still, goes to show how little offensive d-men we have on the team). He's getting older and him leaving after his contract, we need to restock, if Subban can hit, and be solid defensively in the pros, we have ourselves a well needed dynamic player. Maybe it's just me, but with his skating, offense and leadership, would it be far off to suggest a poor man's scott niedermayer?

I'm excited yet kind of reserved about Weber. His shot is great, everyone knows that. He was named the best OHL d-man by Deboer last year. Is it enough though? If he didn't have that shot, what would we think of him? I feel a lot of us overrate him and I'd be somewhat suprised if he ends up a top 4. I don't know how his size was translate at the NHL level. He seems to be doing well in the AHL, I hope it continues here. I hope people don't get too high on him if they play him. With the talent we have on the team and his shot, scoring goals on the PP should kind of be somewhat expected.

I like our prospects but I would like to add a Berglund/Kopitar to the list. Yes, they don't grow on trees, I know. Just suggesting a combination of size and skill down the middle wouldn't be such a bad thing. Our top center is Koivu(IMO anyway) and he's not getting younger, having a solid center prospect to take his spot when he gets older would be ideal. Speed means a lot to our team, but we can see Lang isn't exactly a speedster but because of his size and hockey smarts, he's able to get into prime scoring locations and succeed where guys like Plek and such cannot.

Also, as always, excellent post Montreal. I enjoy your posts. Keep it up.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-09-2009 at 11:03 AM.
LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote