01-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Tom Renney with Steve Serby-NY Post

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01042009...180.htm?page=0

Renney is right but how do the Rangers get bigger and grittier?They team is built around smallish players.They resemble the Herb Brooks Smurf teams from the early 1980's.
This is nothing new, and the basically the same thing that Sather, and Perry Pearn touched on after the team lost to the Pens last year in the playoffs.

One of them said they thought they needed a bigger presence in thier top 6.

And the other said they needed a physical presence on the blueline. This is basically the same thing that just about everyone here has been saying for the past two seasons.

I agree with one of the other posters out there. Would really love to see Exelby on the blueline here. But...I think he recently broke his leg, so, not sure what kind of a recoup time the guy needs...Or the extent of that injury.

Would love it if Sather could find a way to deal with the Yotes for Derek Morris and Daniel Carcillo. I don't think eithe rof those players are untouchable, and Morris is a free agent next season. Would love it if somehow they could send eithe rof Redden or Rosy there. Maybe with Voros? Or Dawes?

Also was thinking about Havelid who is a UFA next season too. Playing on Atl now, and one of the only players on the club with a positive +/-

But...none of those players really address the issues. I do think they would help, but Carcillo if he came here moe likely than not wouldn't be a top 6 player. Morris is more physical than either Redden or Rosy but again doesn't really add that mean nasty SOB attitude to the blueline. Havelid I think would fit in, and maybe add some communication, and chemistry with Lundy in his own end.

Just don't know too mayn other alternatives here. Tough physical defenseman aren't a dime a dozen anymore. When you find one able to compete in the new NHL, he is not likely to be moved. Especially to a team that is battling to stay under the cap.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote