Thread: Line Combos: Renney Tinkering Again
View Single Post
Old
01-05-2009, 11:37 AM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The Voros move is for extra grit against a division rival. I like what I've seen from Korpikoski so far, but if it comes down to deleting Korps, Prucha, or Dawes from the lineup right now, Korpikoski is going to be the one to sit tonight.

Also, I get a kick out of those who chastise Renney for holding back what could apparently be a dominant offense (HA!), and then chastise him AGAIN when he juggles the lines in an effort to generate more offense. Then again, I just have to remind myself how Ranger fans always need to scapegoat somebody, and how 70% of the posters here want to demote Renney after 3 straight playoff berths and being 10 games over .500 halfway through season #4.
Voros has no grit, he has size but he doesn't use it. Dawes, Prucha and Korps have grit but lack the size. It shouldn't come down to 3 players when decisions about the lineup are made. It should come down to 23 roster players each and every night. You cannot be content in this league. If someone deserves to play, the scratch should go to the most deserving player. If no one deserves to sit, Voros has to bid his time.

Renney's one and only solution to problems is change the lines. It hasn't worked yet. At some point the solution has to come from a change in strategy. At some point you have to allow chemistry to develop between the lines.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote