Thread: Line Combos: Renney Tinkering Again
View Single Post
Old
01-05-2009, 02:41 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
getting a pick for Prucha is better than getting nothing and watching him go back in the doghouse. He'd barely get a pick - he's essentially a rental (I think he's RFA at the end of the season, but who would qualify him to retain his rights?).
Exactly. That is why I doubt Pru is showcased. He is not tradable at this point. He is what he became - a depth forward. Those are not every game players. He will be like that till the end of his current contract. He will be in press box by his choice, if he wanted to play hockey, then HFD would love to have him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I still don't understand how Renney goes from "I've seen enough" when referred to benching Prucha the last time to him being back in the lineup - and for a third straight game!
I do. Renney has a feeling he is getting canned and he is just buying himself some time. The only sense for him to continue his work was to get Sundin and try to buid or re-rebuild the NYR offense. His boss failed him. Second time, first Jagr, now Sundin. After that the only logical step for Sather would be to replace Renney. BOSSES RID OF THOSE THEY FAILED.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote