View Single Post
Old
01-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Terva

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
You can safely multiply the Rus numbers by 2 though to account for purchase parity. That's is a loaf of bread at 12-25 SEK=60-120 rubs would cause a rebellion in Russia
But still, when getting players to the team, especially outside of Russia they will compare the salaries of all the other leagues. I donīt thinkt that foreign players take the low living cost in Russia in their calculations. The problem for swedish teams is that the net income for the players is quite low due to high tax rates overall.

I watched Kazans attendance and it ranged from 4800 up to 5600 in november. It doesnīt really matter if it is at an 80-100% capacity, if you intend to challenge the NHL the attendance is catastrophic. I read an article yesterday in a swedish newspaper where Larionov was quite worried about the financial situation. The KHL did the mistake of trying to bigger than the market in Russia is. No way that you will see the same salaries in the Russian league next season. Not when the income for the clubs is almost solely based on rich owners. The clubs must stand on their own feet. Who knows if the KHL will survive more than one year?

Last edited by Terva: 01-05-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Terva is offline   Reply With Quote