View Single Post
Old
01-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Iwishihadacup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
This is when I question if you ever even paid attention to Kovalev at his best.

Kovalev at his best isn't about speed. He slows the game down to a grinding halt because everyone has to react to what *he* does. He'll enter a zone slowly, with D-men wondering what the hell to do to stop him, he'll wait for linemates to get in position, then he'll either deke out the D-men and go for a shot or he'll made a pass to find a better place to get into. It has nothing to do with blinding speed. It's all about controlling the pace.

It's ****ing bizarre that last season I was trying to inform people that they were overrating Kovalev and what he brought to the table and ignore the small mistakes he did, simply so people didn't think too much of him, and now I'm having to express the positives Kovalev brings to his game because some people, after a few mediocre performances, have decided that those games have dictacted the career of Alex Kovalev and he's now good to be sent off into the pasture.

When the season started, I said this team, pretty much entact, would win a Stanley Cup. With an attitude like that, I don't see how you feel the same. I bet you did at the start of the season, though.

you know... hfboards is fun, in context, my quote was right, but out of context, it sounds stupid.

Our team plays a game of speed, and Kovalev don't have speed

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote